Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

Broken promises already Hilary?

Well not just yet, but I thought I would give those nice chaps at local Labour H.Q. a reminder.

Over at Hilary's official website you get the chance to "Ask Hilary" see...
Throughout the campaign Hilary will be logging on to answer your questions online. If you are a resident in North West Durham and would like to submit a question please use the form below.
Now I submited a question to Hilary, which I got answered in person.

But I am curious as I see no sign of Hilary "logging on to answer" any questions so far.

Is this due to lack of interest in the feature or lack of interest in the campaign?

I would be interested to know if anyone has submited a question, or if someone from Labour H.Q. would like to share how many questions have been asked...

Comments:
Dear John, i put the "Ask Hilary" feature onto the website, to test out the level of interest in the internet campaigning in NW Durham. Sadly, we only received TWO questions via the website. Yours was one of them, and as you already had and published an answer from Hilary, I as "website editor" decided that we would wait until we had a batch of questions before putting them up. I don't think that's an entirely unreasonable editorial decision. The feature will continue after the election if Hilary is re-elected.

I also feel as a volunteer on Hilary's campaign that I should point out that we are all volunteers. Local campaigns do not have huge resources and a big party machine at their disposal, so i think that some of your expectations of what resources we have are unrealistic.

However, best wishes to you for your attempts to open up the NW Durham campaign to a greater audience.
 
Hi Neil,

It was a question, rather that a statement.

It was designed to get this information from you, and to try and keep you honest.

I have not asked too much, I feel, of any of the parties.

I emailed, when I got a reply I was most grateful!

I did leave in lots of caveats in this post, like the question mark in the title and the statement that was it a lack of interest in the feature.

I could have learned from our goverment to strip these out for my own needs but that would not have been right...but would it have been a lie? ;-)

Thanks for your comments and your past comments on this blog though Neil. Feedback makes it worthwhile.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?