Friday, April 08, 2005

 

The Tories: Online look

For my sins I am a web site developer, see I run this one, so I am very interested in what our local PPC's are up to online.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this effort by the tories, I am very impressed it looks great and is well organised.

I do have to say one thing about the front page though, not until the 3rd paragraph is Jamie Devlin mentioned and that is the only place on the front page Jamies name is mentioned! From a search engine point of view thats not very good, and from the all important punter point of view it takes a bit of reading to find out who the Tory PPC is.

To the issues/campaign points highlighted on the site.

Hilarys absence is mentioned from the off right on the front page, something that bothers myself as a voter also.

In the news section we have the following issues:

Jamie Supports Weardale MS Society

and

Jamie Supports Local Hunt

One thing that I have just noticed, the latest news item was added on the 19th of March..hello? Are we not in the middle of an election or is it just me?

From a good first impression things have gone a bit downhill, what is Jamie campaigning for in Durham North West? Just that Hilary is never here, to behonest I'd rather have her living in 9 downing street that someone with no issues.

Come on people...

UPDATE - I thought it would be fair to email each PPC, well I would if I could get an email for Alan Orr...but any way, Jamie replied back to me in 7 minutes (Slow day jamie or just caught you at your desk ;-)).

Jamie is updating his site over the weekend - " it will be updated with full list of policies /
election material over the weekend!"

Good on you Jamie, right you Liberals answer your emails please.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?