Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Election Issues: Jobs

The first in a series focusing on the core election issues, and where our candidates stand on the issue.

Unempolyment has fallen in the last few years in our area like accross the country but still the North-East has one of the worst economic activity rates, with 26.5pc of the working population classed as inactive compared to 17.9pc for the South-East.

I would like to know what our candidates are planning on doing to improve this in our area.

I will try and get a response for each of the candidates, or if not put words in their mouth by looking at each of the parties policy if they have one...or asking an active member in a near by constituency their opinion if I can't find a satisfactory answer.

Jamie Devlin on Jobs:

Jamie responds on jobs.

Hilary Armstrong on Jobs:

Hilary Armstrong has responded to this on her official website.

Alan Ord on Jobs:

Looks like Alan can not be bothered running let alone respond to my email....

Now I am really struggling to find out what policies libdems have on this, the problem is that our area is quite unique and to find a Libdem actually trying in an area like ours is hard, Durham City do not count as Durham City is quite affulant. The closest I come to finding "local" policy on this is on Jody Dudds website for her election campaign in Hartlepool.

The only thing I can find so far is: "real jobs for the people of Hartlepool"

Righty ho then what a policy that is.

To the candidates, think of this as door stepping me but with time to respond. (Plus the few readers I am picking up..I am getting somewhere with search engines now...see not bad for a week old site)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?