Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

A personal post, my views compared to Hilary Armstrong

Now using this handy tool, I can compare my views against those of Hilary Armstrong.

For the record:

I am strongly against foundation hospitals
I am strongly against student top-up fees
I am strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism laws
I am strongly against the Iraq war
I am strongly against introducing ID cards
I am neutral/mixed on the ban on fox hunting
I am strongly for equal gay rights

Compare against Hilary and the other parties.

Numbers are from 100% agrees strongly to 0% disagrees strongly.

Issue
MeLabourHilary Armstrong
Tory
LibDem
foundation hospitalsDisagree (strong) 0%Agree 80% Agree (strong) 100%Disagree 14%Disagree (strong) 6%
student top-up feesDisagree (strong) 0%Agree 85% Agree (strong) 99%Disagree (strong) 2%Disagree (strong) 1%
Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDisagree (strong) 0%Agree (strong) 88% Agree (strong) 100%Disagree 15%Disagree (strong) 4%
the Iraq warDisagree (strong) 0%Agree 76% Agree (strong) 100%Agree 71%Disagree (strong) 1%
introducing ID cardsDisagree (strong) 0%Agree 83% Neutral 50%Neutral 41%Disagree 13%
the ban on fox huntingNeutral 50%Agree (strong) 92% Agree 74%Disagree (strong) 9%Agree 63%
equal gay rightsAgree (strong) 100%Agree (strong) 89% Agree (strong) 99%Disagree 37%Agree (strong) 89%
Comparison with your opinion: 100% voted same as your view 0% voted opposite to your view
Disagree with you 34%Disagree with you 32%Agree with you 65%Agree (strong) with you 93%


Just to highlight Hilary Armstrongs voting record:
So a vote for Hilary Armstrong is a vote to say yes you are happy with her voting record.

Are these the views of her constituency? Does she care?

Now most things in that list have been and gone, water under the bridge etc.

Except one, ID cards, now the argument that whats the problem with them as if you haven't done anything wrong etc....is a strong one.

But what is being swept under the carpet is the cost, they are going to cost every one of us roughly £55 each.

£55 for something that to me has no value, what is the value of them?

The Tories and Labour would say they will fight terrorism, so does the Chief of the Met. Now not that I don't believe you (Ok I don't) but how is a bit of plastic going to fight terrorisim?

The answer is this:
If "baddie" is asked for ID and doesn't provide ID card is taken down to the police station.
Hold on a minute, what happens if I have lost my wallet, jumped out the house to grab a paper and leave my ID Card at home. I'm off down the police station and have to prove I am not a terrorist just because I am forgetful.

Now, Hilarys voting record says she is neutral/mixed on introducing ID cards, but if you look at her voting record on that she has been absent from most of the votes.

As she is Chief Whip she will be voting with the goverment and forcing others to do so.

If you are planning on voting Labour and do not want an ID card then tell her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?